Sunday 1 January 2017

Hello every one cant believe we are in 2017 already this months Clarity challenge is ANIMAL KINGDOM  this is my piece for this challenge I will list the items I used below

Gallery watercolour card
Clarity stencil card
black card to mount
Clarity circle stencil
Clarity Owl stamps and mask / material field mask / cloud mask
Clarity sentiment stamp / clarity wee stamps
Ken Oliver colour bursts earth tones
Adirondack pitch black ink pad / denim / egg plant
Distress ink pad peeled paint / Artistry Avocado ink pad
Clarity stencil brushes / promarkers
Pinfair glue gel /  masking tape
Spellbinders die /calibur die machine
Old plate /fine brush / larger brush /kitchen roll
Versafine vintage sepia ink pad

So lets get started






Using water colour card put your die through machine
Was going to make a mask to go around the pattern but found circle stencil fitted just right put a piece of masking tape under card to attach to stencil Now stamp your owls with sepia ink pad


Put mask on owls but lifted the stencil first so that the mask is under stencil
don't make card to wet but with a bigger brush and the blue powder mix on  your pallet did not want colour completely even so dabbed it on then dabbed of parts with kitchen roll so I had a patchy look  then decided to take off the stencil  make blue slightly darker to go around the out side of the owls again if to much dab with paper towel


allow the blue to dry or colours will mix  with sepia yellow orange powders put on my plate with lot less water painted my owls

I used few of my promakers when this had dried to define areas
Now got my ink pads out went over the sky with denim with stencil brush
with my field mask I put peeled paint in
 

Now with the stencil card masked around the edges I added sky with denim and eggplant till desired effect added my sentiment was not happy with sky so used my cloud mask using egg plant ink and a sponge then thought need to add clouds to the sky of my owls

After doing sky decided needed some more colour around owls and parts of the owls


With field mask add hills with peeled paint and use you wee stamp with avocado ink but in-between each one blot and plot so have a shadow image now with the masking tape off I used a fine tip on my black promarker to finish of the edging I mounted this onto black card then added my owls using pinflair glue gel to give it a raised look hope you enjoyed this thank you for visiting my blog x


No comments:

Post a Comment